A luscious lawn adds instant curb appeal. With spring here, it is time to get started on prepping your lawn. Here are a few tips to help you get going this season.
- Rake your lawn at the beginning of the growth period to remove any dead or dying grass and leaves.
- Test your soil pH level to determine what additives need to be applied prior to treatment.
- Aerate the lawn during a high growth period to loosen the soil.
- Apply weed and feed as needed and reseed dead spots to encourage new growth.
- Water deeply but less often.
- Avoid cutting the grass too short. Let it grow a bit to fight off weeds and to retain water better. Try to mow in various directions every ten days during the growing season while leaving those clippings.