Featured October Lowcountry Events
Mark Your Calendar!
- October 1: Latinos Unidos Festival
- The Latinos Unidos Festival will be hosted in the Shelter Cove Community Park from 11am–6pm. The festival will feature Latin food, children’s entertainment, Latin music, folkloric dances, and more.
- October 2-8: 3rd Annual Bridge Bowl Tennis Tournament
- The tournament will be hosted at the Dunes Tennis & Pickleball Centre. Proceeds from these events will benefit the Deep Well Project, the Community Foundation of the Lowcounty, and the Bluffton Self Help.
- October 7: Burger, Bacon & BBQ Festival
- The Shelter Cove Community Park will host this carnivorous event from 11:00-5:00pm. The event will feature the Lowcountry’s top chefs and restaurants serving up their best dishes, included but not limited to: burgers, bacon and/or barbecue. While the food is the focus of the event, there will be many craft beers to sample in the beer garden, kid’s activities and live music on two stages.
- October 8: 13th Annual Yacht Hop of Hilton Head Island
- Hospice Care of the Lowcountry is proud to present its 13th Annual Yacht Hop, an exciting and colorful event that has become one of the premier social outings in our beautiful Lowcountry community from 5:30-9:00pm. Guests enjoy the opportunity to visit yachts docked in the exquisite setting of Harbour Town Yacht Basin in The Sea Pines Resort, while sampling the gourmet offerings of our area’s finest chefs aboard each vessel. Live music by Deas-Guyz, a silent auction, dessert and a glorious sunset add to the special atmosphere of the evening.
- October 14-22: Historic Bluffton Arts and Seafood Festival
- The 13th annual Historic Bluffton Arts and Seafood Festival will be held in the charming and eclectic historic and state designated cultural district of Bluffton SC, well known for its quirky art community and natural river beauty. The festival is a week long event offering a myriad of activities, showcasing the locally harvested seafood, delicious Lowcountry cuisine, rich history, culture and art of the area and Southern hospitality found only in Bluffton. The highlight of the festival is the Street Fest which includes a juried fine art show featuring over 100 artists from 10 different states displaying and selling their art, delicious food provided by the area’s premier restaurants and caterers and great music and entertainment from Saturday 10/21- Sunday 10/22.
- October 22: Okatie Rotary Polo for Charity
- Enjoy a Lowcountry afternoon of polo, tailgating, divot stomping, and plenty of fun for the whole family at the 24th Polo for Charity event at the Rose Hill Equestrian Center in Bluffton SC. The gates open at noon and the match starts at 2:00pm. Known as Bluffton’s largest picnic, attendees are encouraged to get creative with their menu as well as their attire. Sponsored by the Rotary Club of Okatie with event proceeds to benefit the Foundation for Educational Excellence and other local Rotary charities.
- October 31: Trunk-O-Ween
- The Merchants of Shelter Cove Towne Centre and the Hilton Head Island Motoring Festival & Concours d’Elegance have partnered to present a FREE “Trunk-O-Ween” family friendly experience from 5:00-7:00pm! Classic cars will line Towne Centre Drive with their trunks open and full of candy! Costumed children can trick-or-treat from trunk-to-trunk and store-to-store to get their bag filled with candy! This special evening provides a safe environment for families, ghouls, goblins and ghosts of all ages!
Featured October On Going Events
- Coastal Discovery Museum
- Tours, walks, programs, and exhibits about the Lowcountry. Events are scheduled daily.
- “Escape Artists” with Art Beyond Tradition Artists is featured at the Coastal Discovery Museum through October 29th. On display will be a range of art work showcasing 12 artists and their ability to use paint, collage, mixed media, ink and sculpture in their work.
- Farmers Market of Bluffton
- From Thursday, March 2nd through Thursday, December 28th at 1:00pm Bluffton hosts its weekly farmer’s market. Shop for fresh and local produce both organic and traditional. A variety of plants and flowers, nuts, herbs, honey, dairy, eggs, meat, and seafood can be found. Various specialty items such as kettle corn, spices, coffee and tea, smoothie boosters, jams, dips, and chutneys are available. Sweets, chocolates, and freshly baked goods and pastries are also offered for purchase. Sprouted breads, granolas, fresh pasta, sauces and more are available! Enjoy shopping locally in beautiful Bluffton on Calhoun Street!
- Shops at Sea Pines Center Farmers’ Market
- Every Tuesday from 10am-2pm the Shops at Sea Pines Center offers a farmers’ market featuring Lowcountry produce, crafts, artwork, food, plants, jewelry, and fashions.
- Music & Taste on the Harbour
- Dance the night away on Thursday nights at Shelter Cove Harbour and Marina! Live music, great food, casual waterfront dining, unique shopping, and beautiful sunsets. Restaurants will be set-up around Neptune offering appetizers and drink specials for purchase. Admission is free but please bring a canned good for donation to the Deep Well Project.
- The Color Purple- Arts Center of Coastal Carolina
- From Alice Walker’s bestseller and Stephen Spielberg’s Oscar-nominated film, comes a stage musical with a fresh, joyous score of jazz, ragtime, gospel and blues till October 22nd.
- Village at Wexford Fall Outdoor Market
- The Village at Wexford is pleased to host a farmers’ market every Wednesday through October 25th. The outdoor market will feature fresh produce, gift items, and picture-perfect fall weather for shopping.